The journey of IMTEX began in 1969 in Bombay with 26 Indian exhibitors. Over a span of 50 years the exhibition has been a game changer. Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers’ Association (IMTMA) is organizing the 19th edition of IMTEX and 21st edition of Tooltech from 24th to 30th January 2019 at Bangalore International Exhibition Centre (BIEC) in Bangalore.
Ever since the exhibition was first organized at Godrej’s Vikhroli campus in Bombay the manufacturing industry waits with bated breath every edition for witnessing innovations from across continents and procuring those technologies for their manufacturing activities.
By showcasing contemporary developments the exhibition has entered into the collective consciousness of the entire manufacturing industry as the sole exhibition in South East Asia for honing manufacturing activities and attuning it to the next level of growth.
When it was first organized the exhibition featured only Indian exhibitors. Today we have over 1000 exhibitors with a significant strength of foreign exhibitors representing various industries such as aerospace, defence, railways, power, construction, medical equipments, automobiles and auto components, and many more.
The 19th edition of IMTEX (IMTEX 2019) as it celebrates 50 years is showcasing technologies such as additive manufacturing and Industry 4.0 that are driving the manufacturing industry.
The pavilion on Additive Manufacturing will serve as a window of opportunities to the manufacturing sector to familiarize themselves with the techno-commercial advantages of additive manufacturing. The pavilion on Industry 4.0 will be a platform to witness and experience all facets of implementation of Industry 4.0 including the sensors, analytics, connectivity, automation, internet of things, and so on.
IMTMA is also hosting seminars on Factory of the Future: An Expo on Industry 4.0 on 25th January 2019 and Additive Manufacturing Expo on 26th and 28th January 2019.
The exhibition is also featuring a number of add-on events. The highlights of the show:
- i2 (Industry-Institution) Academia Pavilion: Indian academic and R&D institutions (52 institutions including IITs) will showcase their R&D capabilities for the manufacturing industry,
- An international buyer-seller meet jointly organised by EEPC India, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India and Indian Machine Tool Manufacturers’ Association (IMTMA) which will feature potential buyers of machine tools from target overseas markets to explore mutual business opportunities between Indian machine tools and accessories manufacturers.
- Connect: An awareness programme for imparting knowledge on the machine tool industry for young engineers.
- Experience Zone: A pavilion depicting the 50 years journey of IMTEX in the form of pictures, videos and conventional machines.
- 6 exhibition halls covering an exhibition space of 80,000 square metres.
- Participation from 23 countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and United States of America
- Over 1000 Live machines on display.
- Seven country group pavilions: China, Germany, Korea, Spain, Taiwan, UK and USA
BIEC where the exhibition is organized has expanded its infrastructure. A new state-of-the-art exhibition hall was recently inaugurated. IMTEX will be held for the first time in this hall. The hall which is an add-on to BIEC infrastructure is expected to pull many more events to Bangalore.
IMTEX has showcased every change and major shifts in manufacturing industry to enable Indian manufacturers to innovate, reinvent, evolve and stay relevant for their customers. It has brought diverse groups and stakeholders on a common platform for business and knowledge sharing.